Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ready for my closeup

 Ready for my Close Up

Miss Myla's most recent activity includes looking at her reflection on the door of the mini fridge.
It sure makes her smile. She is also fascinated with her feet.  As I mentioned before, in China they bundle children and babies until the look a bit like the state puff marsh-mellow man from the movie Ghostbusters. I will talk about this more a bit later.

This morning we went back to the Adoption Center to sigh more paperwork.  Her primary caregiver returned as did the Orphanage Director.  We began paperwork and they played with her a bit, you could tell they were excited to see her again.

I was holding her when Jared was working on a few transactions and that was the moment she decided to meltdown.  I could not console her.  Several women including the caregiver from the orphanage and a worker at the center began to speak rapidly in Chinese and tug at her clothes.
Our guide told me that they did not think I dressed her with enough clothes.  Granted I thought I had. She was wearing a onesie and then a one piece outfit over it then a jacket/hoodie over that.
I was approached again by a staff person who spoke English who asked, do you have more clothes for her. Sigh. I felt terrible.

She ended up crying so hard she feel asleep in my arms from exhaustion. Her primary caregiver said she also is struggling with a cold (she coughs a bit at night) and wanted to take us to a pharmacy.  She grabbed two things and went to pay for them.  Jared tired to stop her but she said to our guide something like, please I want to, I love her so much.  Tears welled up in my eyes.  I bit the inside of my cheeks.

She had a few more crying spells. One of the bigger ones was when Jared ran to the store.  I could tell she was confused, scared and frustrated. When I would comfort her sometimes she would shove me away.  I get it.  She just met me.
Jared however, somehow manages to win her over.  I think she prefers him. But I get it, I would too.  He is a pretty great guy. Trust grows in our heart sometimes one person at a time.  Thank you for all your comments and prayers. We are grateful!



9 comments:

  1. did you tell them you were just getting Myla ready for winter in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets see a picture of all three of you together (and spunky II)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crying baby with a cold, welcome to parenthood!! Your initiation has begun and will last at least another 17 years.

    I hope the next couple of days go well and we are so thankful you are keeping us updated with this blog.

    Give Myla kisses from The Ackley's.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr Doolittle strikes again. She has two fantastic parents, lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so excited to see pictures of you and Myla! You have waited so long for this moment. I don't know how you could have put anymore clothes on her, she wouldn't have been able to move. I am sure it is very hard when she cries but hang in there you are doing amazing I am sure. Myla is so lucky to have you and Jared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending positive energy your way. Remember what you told me, the crying was expected and a GOOD thing, right? I have faith that Myla's Mommy and Daddy will get her through this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of the three of you every day. Dad printed off pictures from your blog and I already have them in picture frames which we look at once a day, ok ok 100 times a day. Know in your heart, we are there with you with all our love and support.
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just like Auntie - wearing jeans, a t-shirt, sweatshirt, a coat and a blanket - all when it is 80 degress out :)
    I can see Mylah and I sitting on the couch like marshmallow puffs and Jared shaking his head :)

    ReplyDelete