Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bright Lights Big City

Today was our consulate appointment. Grace picked us up at 7:30 to head to the consulate appt. we had today. About 12 families all gathered in one room waiting to take an oath.

We all stood together, raising our rights hands, opening our hearts and making a promise together.
Then an announcement was made...we have one family pre-Hague convention, you will need to make a payment prior to us reviewing our paperwork. Couldn't they just have called us up to the window? All eyes on the Hageman's.  Hi. Ni hao.

While we waited to be called to finish the last of the paperwork we  talked with a few families and Myla made a few friends. One, was eight years old.  A little girl all dressed in purple, here with her family to get her little brother was just turned two. She played with Myla and Miss Myla enjoyed the attention.

Later in the evening we went on a river cruise to view the skyline and the uniquely lit up buildings on the river front. There we met another family who brought their daughter whom they adopted 8 years ago to again add to their family...lucky number 13. Pretty amazing. The wife once lived in. Brooklyn Park, MN and now the family resides in Montana. They have adopted from Africa, China, and Haiti. They have traveled all over the world as well bringing a couple children at a time with each trip. They were very kind and fun to talk with. Amazing family.

I feel I have too many thoughts to grasp one string and have the words come together.
I will maybe try a few...

How did we get here to this moment in time? After years of feeling uncertain about the future?
And now it is coming together right before my eyes moment by moment. And I could have not imagined this life but my Father did. What is next? I do not know. Trust has never come easy to me. I have wept over what I wish could be in my life not just regarding our adoption journey but through loss and struggles of many kinds that include my own and those that I love.
I have hoped for what I wish could be as well.
Life is crazy, beautiful and bittersweet. And before me is tomorrow. Maybe that is a lesson itself.
One day different from the next. Good and the tough. May I experience and learn from both kinds.
I hope not sound full of myself. I am working it out word from word.

China has brought us 6000 miles...6000 miles to you  Myla. So glad we found you and that you found us.






6 comments:

  1. Great pictures of a beautiful family. It's hard to type with tears in my eyes. What a special day. We want to reach out and give you all a big hug (especially Myla of course).
    May God hold you in the palm of his hand and bring you home safely.
    All our love,
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys make a beautiful family. Can't wait to meet her.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids say they love you, can't wait to meet Myla. Spunky sends her love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lifting you all up in prayer as you make your way home!!! Myla-you are a tremendous blessing to your mom and dad; and you are truly blessed to have such loving, incredible parents!! They have been ready and waiting for a long time to welcome home their little girl--and here you are! What a journey you have each been on...and now begins the next chapter...as a family!!! Welcome home Hagemans! Hugs and love, Katie V :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how wonderful! She is precious and is so blessed to have you for parents, Carrie & Jared! Welcome to your new and wonderful chapter in life. Love, Stacy

    ReplyDelete