Monday, February 4, 2013

One Week to Launch

We are one week away from flying to China. I think freak out mode has begun. Okay, okay, who am I kidding, it began along time ago. I am trying to think of every scenario to ensure somehow we are prepared. But I need to step back, pause and remind myself one thing at a time. Or as a wise person once spoke to me, "Panic in sequential order."
Now, I am sure there are others out there who do what I do. Begin working on one task, but it triggers you to then think of another task and so on.  Before I know it, I have started a dozen different things and not accomplished one. SIGH. Efficiency eludes me.
There is so much to think about but the most importants thoughts include: I can't wait to meet our daughter. I can't wait to see China. Beijing and most importantly her province, Guizhou. And I know it is such a privilege to journey to her first home. It's just the flight back with a toddler has me a wee bit frazzled. But what will be, will simply be and I will live it one step, one moment, one day at a time.
And I know it will be amazing, scary, hectic, trying and rewarding (And many other emotions as well as well...I picture those who have traveled this journey are chuckling at my post) journey. And it is hers and it is ours, it is the first steps to becoming.... a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment