Monday, June 17, 2013

Thank You Ladies

I would like to take a moment to share a few things. I want to take a moment in which I can give words to the immense gratitude for the women in my life. I am not going to list names for I will inevitabley miss someone and I would not want anyone to think I have forgotten them or how they changed me.
This post will be about the gifts they have given me, how they have changed me for the better, every single one.

For making me laugh when I forgotten what it was like to really laugh. Tears streaming down your face, stomach hurts laugh.
I thank you.

For forgiving me when I did not deserve it
I thank you.

For extending grace when I made mistakes and say things out of fear or anger
I thank you.

For coming along side me in suffering and NOT pointing out the silver lining
I thank you.

For simply yet perfectly saying the right words to me during an unending winter...I am sorry to see you suffering, I am here for you
I thank you.

For listening to me even when I become extremely verbose
I thank you.

For listening to my worries over and over again and not growing tired of me or least pretending not to
I thank you.

For joining in on my sometimes ridicoulsy, sarcastic and inappropriate sense of humor
I thank you.

For not judging me when I share the ugliest parts of my heart
I thank you.

For encouraging me to pray and when I fail to, praying for me
I thank you.

For reminding me how my Father sees me and when I forget reminding me again
I thank you.

For encouraging me to join in and actively pursue this beautiful and maddening thing called life
I thank you.

For reminding me spring is coming when I have been chilled to bone
I thank you.

For reminding me to look beyond my own pain and comfort others
I thank you.

For helping me take some of my biggest life altering leaps
I thank you.

For being my friend
For just being marvelous you
No one has come before you or will after you who is just like you
God did that on purpose
And I am thankful for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment